Adelaide is famous for its chilly winters and mild summers. If you’re looking to stave off the cold, gas ducted heaters remain one of the city’s best heating solutions. Gas ducted heaters run on affordable, environmentally-friendly natural gas, and they provide instant heat to every corner of your home. Gas ducted heating is a popular option for all types of homes, but customers often ask how often they should be servicing their systems. We’re going to cover the basics of gas ducted heating maintenance and why you need to keep up with your regular servicing schedule.
How Often Should Gas Ducted Heating Be Serviced?
Gas ducted heaters should be serviced every 12 months. It’s a good idea to book your service around May before Adelaide’s cold weather starts to roll in. Servicing any ducted gas heating Adelaide wide should be done prior to the winter months to ensure the unit will be in top condition and ready to keep you toasty warm!
The regular maintenance process is simple and it will save you money in the long run. Depending on what type of gas ducted heater you have, your technician will perform a range of checks and tests to make sure each component is working properly. Your regular maintenance appointment will include cleaning filters and components, as well as testing the thermostat, motors and other electrical components.
Signs that Your Gas Ducted Heating Needs Repairs
Sticking to a yearly maintenance schedule means your gas ducted heater will always be ready for use. Just like the other appliances in your home, a gas ducted heater can develop problems in between its regular maintenance appointments. If you’re experiencing any of the following problems then it’s time to call your gas ducted heating technicians and book a service:
- The pilot light flame is no longer blue and is a sooty brown, yellow or red colour
- The flame of the pilot light goes out frequently
- Strange noises (such as popping, whistling or hissing) coming from the heating unit
- The heater turns off on its own
- If you can smell a gas leak
- If you’re experiencing the physical symptoms of a gas leak (such as weakness, nausea and headaches)
Gas leaks can pose a serious risk to your health and safety. If you notice a gas leak, immediately leave your home and contact a professional. If it’s safe to do so you can turn off the gas supply and open the windows and doors to prevent buildups of gas.
The Benefits of Gas Ducted Heater Maintenance
It’s easy to turn your heater off at the end of winter and forget about it for another year. Instead of putting it off, book your maintenance appointment now so you can take advantage of the benefits:
- Extend the heater’s lifespan. A yearly maintenance schedule will ensure your gas ducted heating always works and can prevent major malfunctions that may shorten the unit’s lifespan.
- Reduce your energy bills. Gas ducted heaters gradually become clogged with dust and dirt from the air. Regular maintenance includes cleaning the dust from the system. A dust-free heater doesn’t need to work as hard and can dramatically reduce your energy bills.
- Ensure your family’s safety. Sticking to your maintenance schedule allows your technician to identify potential leaks before they do any harm to your family.
- Protect your warranty. Many gas ducted heaters come with a manufacturer’s warranty that requires the unit to be serviced on a schedule. Talk to your technician about your gas ducted heater and they’ll be able to design a maintenance program that protects your warranty.
Is It Time to Service Your Gas Ducted Heating? Contact the Air Con Doctor Today!
Gas ducted heating is one of the best investments you can make in the comfort of your home. If you want to stay warm through Adelaide’s colder months, a gas ducted heater can provide the affordable heat you’re looking for. Alternatively, we offer installation and servicing for any split system air conditioner Adelaide wide. If it’s time to book your next service then get in touch with the Air Conditioning Doctor today! Our qualified technicians are equipped to carry out scheduled maintenance on gas ducted heaters from Adelaide’s favourite brands. We come equipped with the tools and spare parts we need to handle most maintenance and repair tasks, so we can get you back up and running as soon as possible. Contact us today if you have any questions or would like to book an appointment!